How to make CBD Oil Tinctures at home
If you’ve been interested in cannabidiol for any length of time, you’re likely aware of its lifestyle and wellness benefits.
By making your own CBD oil, you can better control how you use CBD. Here are the benefits of DIY oil creation:
- Price point: Though prices have improved in the past year, purchasing CBD oil can still be a bit pricey. It’s been proven that making your own CBD oil can dramatically reduce the costs of CBD. 1000 mg CBD oil from a retail brand can easily cost $100; the same dosage made at home can cost you only $50.
- Potency: Many of the retail brands aren’t as potent as they’re described on the label. When you make your own CBD from isolate powder, you can directly control how it’s dosed. It you want a particularly potent batch of CBD, you can easily customize the dose.
- THC content: Full spectrum CBD typically has some amounts of THC. CBD isolate is THC-free, and you won’t need to worry about purity and overall quality. You decide the ingredients. The problem with many CBD brands is that they aren’t transparent about quality control, and you won’t know the quality of the ingredients that are inside the bottle. When you make your CBD from isolate, you know the CBD is 99% pure, and you’ll be able to control the carrier oil.
It’s been proven that making your own CBD oil can dramatically reduce the costs of CBD. 1000 mg CBD oil from a retail brand can easily cost up to $150; the same dosage made at home can cost you only $50.
In this post, we’re going to show an incredibly simple way you can make affordable, potent, THC-free CBD oil at home.
What Is CBD Isolate Powder?
CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD that comes in crystalline form. The crystals are pulverized into powder form. The isolate is mixed with a carrier oil (e.g. MCT oil). This creates a homemade CBD tincture.
How to Make CBD Oil Using Isolate
Ready to make some CBD? Here’s what you need:
- CBD isolate powder. (available on our site here)
- A carrier oil (coconut oil, MCT oil, etc.).
- A container for the CBD. To make a tincture, most people opt for a dropper bottle.
- Measured dropper* (optional).
*This is used to accurately measure your dose of CBD. This dropper may replace the one that comes with your dropper bottle.
Here’s what you do:
- Figure out how concentrated you want your CBD to be. Determine the ratio of powder to oil. For example, a ratio of 1000 mg isolate to 20 milliliters of oil is a common ratio—a concentration of 50 MG of CBD per milliliter of oil.
- Place the isolate powder in your container.
- Measure your oil, and add it to your container. You can do this with a measured syringe or dropper. You can also use a measuring cup.
- Once the powder and oil are combined, let it sit until the powder fully dissolves.
And that’s it! Once it’s fully dissolved you can use the oil as you would any other CBD oil. Measure out a dose and apply it orally, add to your food and beverages, use it before you go to sleep, rub it in areas of aches and soreness.
Hopefully you found this post helpful. It’s incredibly easy to make your own batch of CBD oil. Follow the steps in this post and take total control of how you make and use your CBD.